Date: Friday 7 August 2020
Speaker: Elsa Mason, Director, DMA Safety Management Ltd (Inspire Safety), Seascale.
Elsa’s presentation discussed the impact of Covid-19 lockdown and subsequent easing of Covid-19 restrictions on businesses and their employees.
She also considered how OSH professionals can help organisations implement strategic business reviews as well as workplace Covid-19 risk assessments and employee support schemes. Her presentation covered the following topics:
- Communication (employer/management ↔ employees)
- Reviewing core risk assessments to take account of Covid-19 restrictions.
- Developing Covid-19 safe systems of work.
- Training – Covid-19 workplace induction, re-skilling etc…
- Strategic business planning.
- Supporting the return to work.
- Moving to permanent working from home.
- Mental health, and
- Business interruption, strategic future planning.
A copy of Elsa’s presentation can be found here: 7 Aug 2020 EM Rising to the new challenges as Covid 19 restrictions are eased
A summary of the meeting can be found here: 7 Aug 2020 Rising to the new challenges for our organisations as Covid-19 restrictions are eased. VHK