Thursday 19 May 2022, 13.30 to 14.30
Venue: Zoom meeting
Speaker: Sean Taylor BEng Mech Eng, BBA, Principal Consultant, Mechon Ltd
Sean’s presentation covered five important aspects of the Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations (DSEAR), 2002.
- The legal requirements of DSEAR, 2002.
- The importance of clear and accurate DSEAR Risk Assessments.
- The need to identify and contain all potential workplace explosion sources.
- Key considerations when classifying Hazardous Areas in the workplace.
- Ways to control and mitigate workplace risk from hazardous substances.
He also stressed the duties that DSEAR, 2002 places on employers, and the self-employed, to protect employees and others from dangerous substances that can put peoples’ safety at risk by causing fire, explosions, and structural failures in the workplace.
A summary of the meeting can be found here: 19 May 2022 VHK DSEAR unravelled
A read only copy of Sean’s presentation can be found here: 19 May 2022 ST DSEAR Unravelled